Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Dr. Drama

So Vanna and I went to the Dr. yesterday to go back on our allergy medicine. I really thought we had licked it since coming to Washington, but much to our dismay - they are back in full force. So we each got our monthly supply of Claratin and I also got some groovy cough medicine w/ codine in it!! While I was there, I had the Dr. look at my heel, which has been giving me trouble for about 3 months now. Turns out I have pulled my achilles tendon which explains the pain I have been in. I had to explain to him that I did not come to see him prior to the race because I knew he would tell me to stop running, which was definately not an option. Sure enough...he told me that achilles tendon injuries take a really, really long time to heal and I can't run for the next 2-3 weeks. I am also supposed to ice it at night and I have to wear an ankle brace (or hightops so I think I will stay with the ankle brace). I also have to take an anti-inflammatory pill for the next 2 months. It kinda sucks because although I had planned to take it easy for a bit, now that I can't run - I want to. So I am confined to the elliptical machine for the rest of the month. Could be worse I suppose. There is another marathon in August I am thinking about but I guess it depends on my heel. But I definately think I am going to re-run this race again next year to see how much better I do.


Here is a picture of of the flowering trees that line the streets of my neighborhood.


This might explain why we can't breathe!!!

No comments: