Monday, May 5, 2008

Last Day of School!

So today was my official last day of class....I have turned in all assignments and now I am just waiting for that A (hopefully). It has been a long time since I have had an extended break from school so I plan on enjoying every bit of it. I don't start law school until September 9 so I have about 4 months of time to fill. I'm sure once Tyler is out of school it will go quickly. It is a weird feeling to know that tomorrow I have nothing to do....Who am I kidding, I have a marathon this Saturday.

On that note: So as you know I have been sick with strep so I have not run in about 10 days. Well yesterday my friends and I went to the Nike outlet to get some cute outfits for the race - this would be so I look halfway decent when I get to the hospital :). So last night I took the kids to the school so they could play on the playground and I could run the track. I thought I was going to die after just 5 miles. Hopefully my body will remember what we have been training for over the last 4 months and not go into shock Saturday (in all honesty, I think it will be just fine but I just like to make jokes because this is so out of character for me). But I am feeling the stress of it though. We are leaving at 5:30am Sat morning and I am praying the weather holds up. I can deal with the cold, but the rain doesn't work for me. And on top of that we are not allowed to listen to music while we run! Apparently it is a law for safety issues which makes no sense to me because the traffic is being stopped for the race. So for a few short hours I will be hating life on Saturday, but I will be looking forward to celebrating Saturday night.

Tyler had to make a drum for school this weekend. He had to create a design, decide what supplies were needed and give that info to his music teacher ahead of time and then create the instrument based on his plan, so this weekend we made a drum. Here is a pic of him and his finished product. It is amazing what you can do with flower pots and orange duct tape.


3 comments:

The Hake Family said...

Congrats! Hope you guys have a great summer. When are you going to put some pics of your parents and bro on here : )

Anonymous said...

Tyler is so tall! Good luck on your run.

Mallie&Brandon said...

Good Luck Michelle! I will be thinking (and praying) about you on Saturday!! :)