Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Birthday Girl!

Today Savannah is 5 years old! Hard to believe that at this time 5 years ago she was born....actually this time 5 years ago I was at work running around like crazy - I did not even go to the hospital until about 2pm and she arrived at 5pm on the nose. I actually prefer the short version of labor - short, sweet and quick (of course that does not take into account that I started dialating 2 months earlier and was actually 5 cm when I arrived at the hospital, but that is another story). Anyway she is a big girl today. Since the kids did not have school yesterday we went to see Madagascar 2 and out to lunch. Vanna also smuggled 2 more barbies out of me after the 2 she got for her birthday. She told me "mom, I'm a collector of barbies." Well excuse me then. I spent a good majority of last night dressing her barbies/kens to her specifications - I will mention that they were all naked because she was keeping them warm in her socks! Anyway today will be simple, especially since dad is gone. She has a few more presents to open today and maybe some cupcakes or something. Here are a few pics I snapped yesterday of them.

Tyler and Vanna before we went to the movies - this would have been a great picture but I had all the lights on and it got a bit overexposed.



Vanna and Lily - who looks like a hot mess by the way....definately in need of a haircut.





The BARBIES! Need I say more






2 comments:

The Hake Family said...

I can not get over how much she looks like you!

Anonymous said...

Tell the birthday girl...hope she had a great day!....sorry its late getting to her!!