Sunday, November 30, 2008

Scissors - Round 2 (or 3 or 4?)

Today my dear sweet child decided to cut her hair again! I don't know what her obsession is with cutting her hair but she has done this so many times I have lost track. I got her some movies at the library to watch today while I worked on some homework. Not even 10 min into my reading and this happens. I have to say I lost my temper and she got spanked good. Her bangs are sooooo short. She also cut little chuncks out of the sides of her hair. Her hair was very long - more than half way down her back. I had not cut it since June when we had the other hair cutting incident. So I told her if she wanted her hair cut I was going to cut it off! Of course she got all upset and said she was sorry but I put her little butt into the car and took her to the hair salon and cut off most of her hair! I am going to donate it to locks of love so at least some good can come out of this. I can not even begin to describe how angry I was. So in addition I grounded her and cancelled all her playdates and parties this week and weekend - which again came tears.

Just as I think my anger is subsiding, she strikes again. For some reason I could not get my email on my laptop so I went to the kitchen to use our desktop computer and I could not get the mouse to work. I grabbed the cord and she had cut the cord in half with the scissors! Once again rage struck. When I asked her why she did it she just shrugged her shoulders (more rage) and then said she was out of control. That pushed me over the edge. She got spanked again and put to bed. I told her all her friends were going to make fun of her bangs but she really doesn't seem to care - she said "mom they will grow back". To add to my day, the toilet backed up and I spent almost 4 hours at the PX (post exchange - which is like a walmart w/out the grocery part on the base) because Tyler enters Yugio card tournaments on Sundays. So we sat in the food court and browsed the PX for a really long time and it was so packed with people that you could barely move....not exactly what I was in the mood for. Oh the joys of motherhood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the b-day wish! Do you have a pic to go with her new hair cut? I left a vmail .....I'll try to catch you again!