Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A New Adventure Awaits!

We got our orders so we are officially moving to Alabama! Our report date is in February as of right now but we are trying to push it back to May so Tyler can finish school. Either way this will be my last winter in the wet Northwest! I have to say I am excited to get back down south and so are the kids. Donnie has mixed feelings....career wise it is a great thing to leave but he truly loves his unit and will definately miss it. But he will be home and not deployed for the next 3 years so I don't think he can argue with that.

The upcoming move got me looking around my house and even though we just moved here 2 years ago we have tons of crap and I am not quite sure why. When we left TN I thought we got rid of stuff but apparently we have re-collected it. We are going to move ourselves since we have a 24 ft. trailer so I will be a good-willing and yard sale having fool so I can lighten our load. As of right now we are planning on making 2 trips - one hopefully in December since Tyler is out of school and then when we actually move. Should be pretty crazy with 2 trailers, 2 kids and 2 dogs all along for the ride. It will be like the Griswold's going cross country I am sure.

By the way the formal was fun....we got some pictures taken there and then my friend has some pics of the dress. Since I seem to have a camera curse on me, I only have a few pics on my camera because my batteries went dead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move. Wish it were TX though.

Andi said...

Congratulations on the orders!! we'll be seeing you soon then...we are only 6 hours from there. Matt will be there for ANOC in the new year sometime. Tell the kids Hi for us and best of luck on the move and travels!