Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Officially Pregnant!

I went to the lab yesterday and now the army considers me officially pregnant. They asked me who I wanted to see as a doctor, which threw me for a loop because in the army world you get an appointment with whatever doctor, nurse or midwife is available (hardly ever seeing the same person twice) and when you go into labor the doctor or midwife on call delivers the baby. So there is really no continuity of care. But because Ft. Rucker is so small they don't even have an OB/GYN clinic on base so everyone is referred to civilian care. So my doctor is a woman in the next town over - about 20 miles and I will see her the entire time and she will deliver the baby as well. I even get a private room (which again is not the norm in the army world). Have to say I am a bit excited about this situation. I won't have a first appointment for a while - I have to wait for my referral in the mail which will take about 2 weeks or so and then I can make my first appointment. So more to come....

2 comments:

Mallie&Brandon said...

Awesome!

Katie said...

Welcome to civilian life!!!