Thursday, November 26, 2009

He's Here!!

Baby Jackson has finally arrived and we are totally in love with him! We checked into the hospital yesterday at 5am, got an IV w/ pitocin around 6:30am, broke my water at 8:30am, endured labor pains long enough to say I did it and got my epidural around 10am. Of course only 1 side of me got numb so they gave me more medicine and fixed the epidural and before I knew it I could not move me legs, which was completely awesome when it came to pain, but a bit troublesome when the pushing came. Unlike my other 2 who came out with a max of 3 pushes, it took about 30 min of pushing to get him out because he was "sunny side up" - which means he came out with his face upward instead of facing downward which is why I was having so much trouble. But my doctor said if he did not come out with one last push, the forceps were coming and if I remember correctly, Katie said that was pretty uncomfortable for all parties involved, so I just pushed and luckily he came out at 12:28pm. He weighed 7 lbs 12 ounces, which was a nice surprise. Of course he is a week early so he probably would have been over 8 lbs had I not been induced. I am very sore b/c I tore pretty badly so I am all stitched up and the cramping has been almost as painful as the contractions, but I have some pretty cool drugs so it is tolerable.

He is so quiet and calm (knock on wood). He cried for just a minute after he was born, but has had shots, blood drawn, circumsicion done and just does not really cry. Of course when it comes to the diaper changes and the doctor messing with him - he lets them know he is unhappy. He sleeps about 4 hrs at a time, drinks his bottle and goes right back to sleep. I know it is too early to tell, but I would not be disappointed if that trend continued. He looks just like his dad and has the trademark Lassey smirk already. I have pics on the camera, but I brought the wrong USB cord to the hospital so I will have to download this weekend after we get out of the hospital. The civilian hospital experience has been great. I have this huge private corner room that looks more like a hotel suite than a hospital room. The nurses have taken care of every need and then some, the food has actually been pretty good too. They bring a dinner for Donnie as well as me for each meal and even brought us thanksgiving dinner on a white tableclothed table with flowers and sparkling cider. Donnie had 2 ribeye steaks and I had turkey with all the trimmings. Definately cant complain about it. Vanna is spending the night with me in the hospital tonight. The nurses gave her a blanket and pillows and she is chilling on the couch watching Home Alone while i mess on the computer.

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving today. We will be doing Thanksgiving dinner this weekend at the house with some friends, but I don't think anything can top this.

1 comment:

Katie E said...

So glad it is going well! I had to get two epidurals and the leg numbness thing -- it was so scary when it came to pushing time. Oh and I had the lovely vacuum, Jen had the forceps. Can't wait to see more pics -- four hours??? That's awesome, hopefully it continues!