Sunday, June 22, 2008

Graduation

Well graduation was good - much better than I expected actually. The school did a great job keeping things moving and we were done in about an hour and a half for 516 graduates. They told us to prepare for 2-2.5 hrs and I was worried whether Savannah could be good and quiet for that amount of time, but she did great. After graduation we ate at the Cheesecake Factory and went to the mall to walk off our lunch. Overall it was a good day....the weather even behaved and even though we did not see sun, it was warm without a drop of rain.

My mom flew home today. We dropped her off at the airport at 6am this morning and she has made it back to KS. She called while her and my dad were at the grocery store because knowing my dad and brother there was no food in the house while my mom was gone. We had a good time this week - hard to believe she was here for 8 days, the time just flew. Hopefully we will see them at Xmas. We are trying to get tickets to the Miami Dolphin NFL game in Kansas City (my husband is a die-hard Dolphin fan). It is on my bday in December so if we can get tickets we will be flying to KS for a good old white xmas.

Next on the list is the trip to NY in 3 weeks. It should be alot of fun and I think we are taking an overnight trip to Lake Placid and the Six Flags lodge and theme park. Most importantly though we are bringing home our dog who has been living with Donnie's sister. Finally the family will be back together (for about a week or so anyway).

Here are a few pics that we took this week while my mom was here.

Tyler is feeding Lily his sandwich while we were at the beach.


Savannah in all her glory.



My mom living it up (and stuffing her face).


The kids and I after graduation.


The waiter took this picture while we were eating and Famous Dave's BBQ.


Vanna and I in a self portrait.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to tell your mom that she looks awesome! And you of course are beautiful, as always. I love the pic of you with Tyler and Vannah. Congrats again, I have no idea how you manage all you do ... you are exceptional!

Mallie&Brandon said...

I agree with Katie, your mom looks great, hardly changed at all!!!!
You look so beautiful. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you brought up dino park cuz I was telling Jason about it this weekend. I told him all I remember is stuffing our bras and buying our cheap rings and I hated mine and was jealous that you had such a pretty birthstone!

Holly said...

Hi Michelle,
It's your old friend Holly Hill. I read your blog off of Mallie's. You and your children look wonderful! So happy to see you doing well and enjoying life. I'm still in TX...got married last May and doing well. It's so fun to see your face!! Take care and come visit my blog if you haven't before...it's on Mallie's too.