Tuesday, June 3, 2008

NY - Here We Come!

So it is official....we will be heading off to NY next month. Not that it wasn't going to happen, but I have been searching the internet for decent priced plane tickets for a month now. I know that the sooner you buy them, the cheaper, but I just can't see spending almost $2000 on 3 plane tickets which is what I have been finding (unfortunately Donnie is unable to come with us). But yesterday the stars aligned and I as able to get our tickets for about $1200. I can't believe I am excited about spending that kind of money. The only thing that sucks is that our first flight is an overnight flight because that is all that was leaving during the timeframe we needed. I guess it won't be that bad because it is the longest flight - about 6 hours to Philly I think - so maybe the kids will sleep. Other than that we have good flight times and connection times. I have reserved our car thru priceline - which is you have never used it before is pretty cool. Of course I was getting mad at the "Priceline Negotiator" (William Shatner) because they kept rejecting my bids. I guess with gas prices the way they are, $15 a day for a car is a bit unrealistic. But I did end up getting a mid sized car for 7 days for under $200 which was alot cheaper than any internet special I found so I guess I did good.

Speaking of gas prices - they are $4.08 here! The national average is somewhere around $3.95 which means that there are a hell of alot more places paying lower prices than we are. I can't wait to get back to the south. I know Jenny blogged about the heat of TX, but I would trade places in a heartbeat. It is in the 40's - low 50's here and won't be changing much for the next few weeks. Not to mention the rain. It is June - we are supposed to be in shorts and sipping chilled drinks around the BBQ. We had one really warm weekend with record highs and so I thought that was the beginning of summer so I put all of our winter clothes away....not the smartest move. The weather truly sucks here and I hate it. My mom is coming is in 10 days and the weather is going to suck, not to mention that the kids are out of school next Friday and I need them to be able to play outside to preserve my sanity. Maybe the stars will align again and give us a break here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What all are you going to do in NY?

Mallie&Brandon said...

All night flights are okay. Lots of snorers though....