Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to Normal

Our summer fun is finally over and we are starting to get back to "normal" so to speak. Tyler goes back to school in 3 weeks and I am signing them up for fall soccer today. Hopefully Vanna will have a place in preschool by September. She has been on the waiting list for almost a year now. She needs to get out of the house for my sanity. She misses having kids to play with. It was evident when we were in NY because she has a 5 yr old cousin Erin and they played together so well. Erin even called her yesterday and they chit chatted on the cell phone....too cute.

Hard to believe the summer is gone already and this week has been the only week with summer weather - go figure. Donnie is gone as usual but on a purse hunt for me. He enjoys the thrill of wheeling and dealing overseas so who knows what he will come home with. The dogs are doing great together....Jazmine has not eaten Lily yet so I say we are on the right track. They both even jump on my bed during the night to lay in front of the fan. I don't mind but when Donnie comes back we will not have enough room so some of them will have to go.

My classes start on September 9th, so I have a few weeks left to finish my summer program. I need to get back into the swing of things because I definately think law school is going to be a challenge. My books alone for the 1st year are $800! But hopefully it will be worth it in a few years.

After being so busy in the last month I have not been running as much so this week I am getting that back on track as well. There are some races coming up in the fall that I want to run in so I need to get back in gear. I thought the time off would help my achilles tendon, but no such luck....still hurts. My neighbor asked me if I would walk with her at night so we have begun doing that. Last night was the first night. We did not go far, about 1 and a quarter miles. She has heart issues so whatever is good for her is fine. I definately don't want her falling out on one of the trails.

Not much else to report right now. Here are some pics I managed to get in the last couple of weeks. Not many of NY except the ones of the kids on horses since my camera broke.

Donnie with his girls!

This is the famous Pike's Place Fish Market where they throw the huge fish in the air. We actually saw it and it was pretty cool - I wasn't quick enough to get a pic of the fish though.

My nephew Paul after he got his "personal" sundae at Marie Callendar's restaurant. Everybody in the restaurant looked at us when they brought this huge thing to the table.


Vanna eating some roasted corn by the water at Pike's Place Market.


A view from the top of the Space Needle. If the day was clear you could see Mount Rainier in the distance.

Vanna riding on Donnie's sister's horse Razz who is a miniture horse - "Vannasize we call it"

The kids on top of a lesson horse named Monty. She was a bit impatient and would stomp her foot in the ground when she got bored.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vanna = mini-Michelle