Friday, August 29, 2008

We got thru!!

The first week of school has come and gone....Tyler just left for the bus. It was definately much better than I expected. We went to open house on Tuesday and he got to meet his teacher and see all of his old friends from his other school who will now be at Tyler's school. He has a great teacher from what I have heard about her so things look good so far. Of course it has only been 2 days and now they will be off for Labor Day weekend. Vanna will be starting school on September 16 so only a few weeks left to go. She is very excited...of course she may be singing a different tune when she has to get up so early - school starts at 7:45am for her.

This was also the first week of soccer for both kids. So we are back to soccer 4 nights a week plus Saturdays for games. This year they are playing at the same fields so at least I can be at 2 places at once if I need to since hubby is gone. Tyler is doing much better this year and hopefully will continue to improve. Vanna has really taken off. Her team is all boys with the exception of one other girl who is rather shy. She outruns all but one boy on her team and has really become rather good at dribbling for a 4 yr old. I think she has some natural athletic abilities.

I got my $800 worth of law school books in yesterday - 40lbs worth! I have 10 books and they don't look like fun books either. Each one is the size of an encyclopedia and has itty bitty tiny writing. I even got a free book that shows how to outline a subject - that book is called a roadmap and is 500 pages long. What have I gotten myself into?

Well I will post more as the days go on - the dogs are going crazy outside for whatever reason so I will close. I hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend and enjoy the BBQ and the weather - unfortunately it is supposed to be rainy, cold and lows in the upper 30's/low 40's so I guess our 3 week summer is officially over :(

No comments: