Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Crazy Weekend

Well, it has been a bit since I last posted....Donnie came home last week and we have been busy ever since. We went to a bunch of "get togethers" which has become the code word for food and drinking. The promotion list for Donnie's soldiers came out and a couple of his soldiers and our friends got promoted so of course this was yet another excuse to party. Of course since I always seem to be the D.D. I don't really do much of the drinking, but it is still a good time. The weekend was consumed of soccer for Vanna (Tyler's team had to forfeit their game because they only had 7 players and the other coach from another base would not play down and was going to play with 11 kids, which is a whole other story that I will have to blog about someday). We also had a unit easter egg hunt and a family fun night on Friday. So the weekend was pretty much a blur as will this coming weekend be. We have 3 soccer games on Saturday, plus Lily has to get shots and Vanna has her end of season soccer party at the bowling alley for 2 hrs. Saturday night we are supposed to go sing karaoke with friends, which is actually another excuse to hang out and drink. And shame on me.....I did not realize easter was this Sunday - I really thought I had another week, so we will be scrambling to get ready for that. I think we are going to get together with a bunch of people and have lots of food, alcohol and cards (which is our typical holiday gatherings here). Gosh I make it sound like we are a bunch of alcoholics, but we really are not - just like to have a good time.

On a somber note, I did not get accepted to the law school here in Washington. I was pretty bummed because I have a masters degree and a 4.0 grade point average and decent test scores so it kind of makes you wonder what more do you have to do to get into law school. I guess I should not be depressed - only 180 got accepted out of 2400 applicants so apparently I am not alone on the loser list. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise....we like Washington but do not want to stay here so the first chance that comes up to get stationed somewhere else we will take it and be outta here so I guess it is better that I am in school here. Oh well, I will just have to wait for the rest of the letters to come rolling in and see where that takes us.

3 comments:

The Hake Family said...

I hope you guys are enjoying your family time together!

Anonymous said...

You know where there's lots of law schools? Texas. Dallas, Texas.

Mallie&Brandon said...

I am glad Donnie is home safe! I am so sorry about law school, maybe you will end up here in The Lone Star STate!!!!