Wednesday, March 26, 2008

First Game

So Monday night was my first game. We won 2-0 and played really good considering we only practiced 2 times prior to the game. Our goalie broke her hand and has rods in her fingers so we are short a goalie so lucky me got to play goalie for the first half. I have to say it is quite an intimidating position for someone who has never played goalie before but I guess since I did not allow any goals, I did OK. It is actually alot like playing volleyball - watching the angles of the shots and players and trying to figure out where the ball is going to land. It was an experience. The second half I played forward, which I prefer, and took some shots on goal, but no dice. That's OK though. It was alot harder than I thought it would be - I guess cuz I am not 15 anymore. I talked the colonel's wife (the one who suckered me into the marathon) into playing so she will attend her first practice tonight. It should be fun. Apparently there is only one team out of the 5 on post that is super competitive and we play them next. They are called the Warriors and from what I have heard are out for blood (reminds me of our high school rivalry with Martin). Hopefully after that it will be just good old fashion soccer fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when you and I got voted best v-ball players at AHS?? he-he

Stupid Coach Collie, what did she know!

Anonymous said...

Update, Update, Update!!!