Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lost My Mind!

Ok, so this blog may be easier than I thought. I think I am having a pre-midlife crisis. For those of you that don't know, I have signed up to run in my first marathon in May - it is technically a half marathon (13.1 miles) but frankly, anything over 5 miles is a marathon to me. So I got this brilliant idea from the colonel's wife that we should run one and since this idea has entered my mind on and off for the last few years, I decided to go for it. Well now that I am officially registered, I have realized that this is really happening - by the way if any of you want to see the hell that I have promised myself to it is at www.tacomacitymarathon.com. Ok, well I am really not too worried about the marathon because Donnie and I have already run the distance before he deployed. It was actually a week into the training and I made it about 9-10 miles - a giant feet in my book since I am not all that fond of running. So with 4 more months of running behind me, I feel pretty confident that I will be fine. So why the mid life crisis you ask? Well today, I got the brilliant idea to play soccer for the Ft. Lewis women's team. So I went and signed up and start practicing tomorrow. To be honest, I have had the bug for a bit, but never acted on it....until now. So I got on a rec team where most of the players are new (thank goodness) so hopefully I won't be the crappiest person on the team. I do have several years of soccer experience behind me - I just hope that I can find it come tomorrow. I'm actually doing it for my son, who plays soccer and loves it, but just doesn't get it. Maybe this will help. And to make matters worse, I have found an indoor league just a few miles from here that I am looking into as well. I think I am reliving the days of my youth - hence the midlife crisis!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love indoor ... it makes you sweat a lot more and is much shorter games. Oh, and the field is a lot shorter.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, they're precious Michelle! Vanna looks so much like you.