Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's been a while

OK so I know it has been awhile since I last posted, but honestly I was waiting for some things to blog about since not a whole lot goes on up here in the rain. But we are getting ready for dad to leave yet again. He will be gone a while on this one. But this has become a typical part of our lives so we will once again adjust and go about our daily business as usual.

We are in second place in my soccer league. We have one more season game left and then the tounament. It has been a blast. I have been playing goalie since our goalie is hurt but she actually played one half of goalie this week so that left me playing forward which was cool. I think after the season I am going to continue to play with the team on the indoor team.

Still training for the marathon. It will be here in a few short weeks. Donnie and I got fitted for running shoes at a place called Fleet Feet. It was quite an adventure. They put you on a treadmill and make you run barefoot while recording how your feet work. It was pretty weird seeing my feet on camera in slow motion. Anyway we both got shoes and arch supports and it actually helped. I ran today and did not have nearly as much problems as I usually do. But I guess after running 13 miles I should expect some pain. Next weekend is a 5K run to support a lady in our unit. Her son has a severe case of autism and she has organized the run to raise money for autism research. So the kids and I will be participating in that next weekend. Another think I am thinking about tackling is the 3 day walk for Breast Cancer research in September. My neighbor has put together a team and it is a 3 day walk of 60 miles to raise money for B.C. Each day is a set number of miles to walk and then we camp in tents at night. Sounds pretty interesting but I think each person has to raise like $2000 so I am not sure I am up to that. And I don't know if Donnie will be back to stay with the kids so I guess I will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're liking soccer. I played my first game Monday. It was so fun. I did get a little light headed though!