Monday, April 14, 2008

Actual News!!

Okay so I realize that I am always complaining that I have nothing to blog about - especially compared to the exciting lives of my friends in TX with their new babies (hopefully baby Gates will be here in a few hours). But we actually have some news now.... the family and I will be leaving the rain and cold of Washington state. We have got orders to re-locate either to Ft. Rucker, Alabama or Ft. Eustis, Virginia. We are not sure which one yet, but hubby should be able to choose between the two. We are leaning towards Alabama just because it is close to our families and back in the south. The base is actually only and 1hr and a half away from Donnie's grandmother who lives in Pensicola, FL and we have been trying to get back home because she has been sick with cancer and we are just too far away here. She is doing great now and the cancer is gone, but it will make us feel better just to be closer. So we don't have any time frames yet, but more than likely within the next 8-12 months. Seems like a long time but it will be here before we know it, especially since he will be gone most of the rest of the year.

Donnie is deployed again and will be home for a few weeks this summer and a few weeks in the fall and that is about it so I have the pleasure of getting the house ready for moving. We are pretty excited to be going back. We do like Washington - it is so beautiful and green and the weather is great from about June to September, but I can't deal with all the rain. It has literally been raining since October. I completely understand why everyone up here is addicted to coffee because it is truly depressing when you see that much rain. I used to think it rained alot in the spring in TN and TX but it is nothing compared to this. I have seen enough rain to last a lifetime.

So tonight is my last soccer game for the season. We are in 2nd place so we should be in good shape for the tournament depending on what happens tonight. Tomorrow I have to take an entrance exam for another law school so that will be another post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I'm reading your posts in reverse order. I'm glad you're leaving there. I wish I could help you get your house ready. I could not live there ... my hair would be horrible! The beattle lives!