Monday, April 28, 2008

Dr. Update

So it is official....Vanna has strep just like her mama. The poor child puked all over the lab when they did her throat culture. There were no appointments available when I called this morning (a typical problem with military hospitals, especially on a Monday) but they were nice enough to see us in the lab to do a test and if she had strep they would call in some medicine. Well since she puked all over their lab they decided to see us later this afternoon. She threw up 3 more times after that and once again when we got into the examination room at the doctor's office. So she has strep and for whatever reason can't keep anything down, which is not usually a side effect of strep. She has thrown up 3 more times since we got home to include her medicine. So after multiple washings and baths I am trying to get her to eat some plain toast in hopes that her stomach will settle enough to keep her medicine down because I sure do not want her to feel as bad as I do now.

By the way I finished my paper...lord knows how with all the trips to the doctor today. It was a struggle I have to say so who knows how well I did. So next stop is the bed for both of us surrounded by buckets and a date with Young and the Restless (gotta love nighttime soaps on soapnet which I can only indulge in when the old man is gone).

1 comment:

The Hake Family said...

Poor little Vanna - hope you guys are both feeling better soon!